25 October, 2017

Palette Box Project

Having appreciated the Palette Addicts thread at WetCanvas for a long time now, and loving a good hands on project, I got it into my head to pickup a cigarette cases to upcycle into a useful travel palette. 

Such an interesting old case! 

In the quick Etsy search that followed I discovered a lovely very well used, antique Park Sherman display case, made of metal, that has 3 shelves and folds up rather nicely.

The closed case, showing the wear of many years.

I plan on cutting some shelving away to make room for a collapsible shot glass for my watercolor water, and adding fillable WC pans and tiny ceramic bowls for mixing on the top shelf.

The cigarette dividers should, when cut down a bit and placed horizontally, hold my travel brushes just fine on the shortened mid or bottom shelf.

As yet elsewise, I'm excited to see what direction this project takes :)

The Park Sherman logo


No comments:

Post a Comment